Today, the courier service, DPD, announced its action plan for the Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012 in London.
Its Olympics Project Team has developed a detailed plan responding to the increase demand of parcel deliveries during the Olympic Games as well as to the possibly large scale of congestion.
The DPD action plan is aimed at ensuring on-time deliveries / collections throughout this summer and looks as follows:
- additional facility to open near London Bridge DPD depot
- increased number of routes in operation
- assistants hired to support DPD drivers with on-foot parcel deliveries
- early AM as well as late PM deliveries to be scheduled
- increased number of customer service / hotline staff
- coordination of events to carried out by DPD Olympic Specialist
- daily updates for London
Please note that certain venues will not be accessible. For more details, please refer to the DPD lockdown venues list.