Sending a gift to a friend or family member in India can be conveniently done from your home. All you need is an internet connection, a printer and access to a UK courier website such as TransglobalPremium.co.uk.
Once you have registered an account with your chosen courier company, you will be able to arrange a collection online. All you need to do is to:
- Provide a collection and delivery address
- Select a collection time
- Fill in the packing list
- Add an insurance premium if required
- Pay for the outstanding amount
- And print out your shipping labels.
Speedy deliveries to India
Following the collection of your parcel on your chosen collection date, it will be dropped off at a local or regional depot before being transported to its destination country via road and/or air.
Your gifts should arrive in India just in time for Christmas (subject to transit times and customs). For urgent deliveries, book an express courier service such as UPS or DHL Express who can deliver your parcel within 2 to 3 working days*.
Save on carriage costs this Christmas
You may find that some carriers offer cheaper parcel services with longer transit times. When quoting you your courier company should ideally list various carriers and their services who you can then compare with each other.
International courier companies such as TNT offer cost-effective alternatives such as the TNT Economy Express which will deliver your gifts within 7 working days*.
Packaging your gifts
India is located 4766.68 miles off the UK mainland. To ensure the safe arrival of your gifts after such a long journey, it is important to pay special attention to your packaging. Remember to watch out for
- Fragile items – Wrapping them in bubble wrap, extra cardboard or custom packaging will decrease the risk of damage during transit.
- Sturdy & stable packaging – If you wish to send your gift wrapped up on paper, place them in an additional cardboard box. Normal wrapping paper does not offer sufficient packaging for your parcel.
- For detailed packaging advice, visit TransglobalPremium.co.uk/Packaging
|Image c/o Telegraph.co.uk|
(*All transit times are subject to routing)