Here is how you can send a ski or snowboards by courier and avoid transport damages.
Preparing your Ski / Snowboard Package
It is recommended to put out the following tools before starting with the packaging of your skis / snowboard:
- 1x roll of packaging tape
- 1x cardboard boxes or packaging paper, e.g. cut one or two boxes into even-sized pieces
- 1x padding material
Attention: Please ensure that you do not exceed the standard girth of max 330 cm. The length of ski / snowboard should not exceed a maximum of 2 m and 20 cm in height. You can ship your skis / snowboard with any of the following courier services: UPS, DHL and TNT.
Packaging of Skis / Snowboards
The specific packaging size and restrictions often depend on the size of your snowboard / ski and the chosen parcel service**. Please contact your parcel delivery service directly and ask about any restrictions before sending your skis / snowboard.
|Image c/o Bigremoval.com|
- In order to increase the level of stability, please package your skis in pairs.
- If you send a snowboard, please use an additional amount of padding material. Edge protectors (polystyrene, plastics, foam) also offer a great solution in order to protect the edges and ends of your snowboard / skis.
- Subsequently, please secure everything firmly with packaging tape.
- Now wrap your skis / snowboard with the previously prepared cardboard boxes. If required, you may wrap another layer of packaging paper around your parcel.
- Lastly, stick the Transglobal air waybill label on the front of your parcel.
**When sending your skis / snowboard, we always recommend that you refer to the carriers' websites for specific packaging guidance.